Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Stem Cell and Genetic Evolution

The topic of stem cells and genetic evolution is one that I'm not too familiar with, but I thought that the class gave a lot of insight and I liked how we saw different perspectives of the topic.  The one topic that I found interesting was the female woolly mammoth.  It's mind boggling that there could be a possibility of "resurrecting" them back to life.  However, I think it's opening Pandora's box because there is so much unkown.  Would they be able to live in today's environment? What would they eat? How would the surrogate mother (elephant) feel about it's non elephant baby and vice versa? What if all of this effort was put into bringing the mammoth back and it just died after a year? While I have no doubt that scientists will eventually do this, I'm still wary about the whole process.

1. D
2. B
3. D
4. C
5. D
6. D


I thought the tutorial was simple and was a good refresher on cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment